Practus has extensive experience in protecting, managing, and enforcing a range of intellectual property assets for clients of all sizes and across various industries. We take the time to understand each client’s business goals, and then carefully tailor a strategy to protect, commercialize, and leverage the IP rights required to accomplish those ends. We combine deep legal knowledge and skills with a pragmatic, commercial approach to achieve sensible, cost-effective results. We view IP rights not just as valuable corporate assets but as tools for achieving commercial success. Our goal is always to provide strategic and practical solutions that protect our clients’ interests, allow them to make informed business decisions, and maximize the commercial value of their IP.
We offer sophisticated expertise on trademarks, copyrights, domain names, rights of publicity, design rights, and other IP issues in the U.S. and globally. We conduct clearance searches and advise on the availability and registrability of marks, and file and prosecute applications and maintain registrations for trademarks, copyrights and domain names around the world.
In addition, we assist our clients to protect and enforce their IP rights and to avoid or minimize conflicts with other parties. We provide advice on infringement matters and have considerable experience in litigating and settling complex trademark, copyright and domain name disputes around the world.
We prepare and negotiate licenses and other agreements to enable our clients to commercialize their own IP and/or secure the rights needed to utilize third-party IP.
We also advise on intellectual property issues in investments, joint ventures, co-developments, acquisitions, divestments, financings, and other transactions. In particular, we have considerable know-how and experience in IP due diligence assessments, and in drafting and negotiating a broad range of IP-related transaction documents and provisions.
Let us to help you protect your rights and effectively manage your IP risks and opportunities!
We provide a broad range of intellectual property services, including:
- Trademark Clearance, Registration and Maintenance on a Global Basis
- Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secret, and other IP Litigation
- IP Dispute Avoidance and Settlement
- Domain Names
- Rights of Publicity
- Patent, Trademark, Copyright and Technology Licenses, Nondisclosure Agreements, Co-Development Agreements, Acquisition and Sale Agreements, Consents and Co-Existence Agreements, Software Licenses, and User Agreements
- IP Issues in M&A Transactions, Investments, and Financings
- IP Portfolio Management, Reviews and Audits
- Patent Monetization
- Due Diligence in M&A and Other Corporate Transactions