Our Intellectual Property team consists of patent, trademark, and copyright attorneys, both transactional and litigation oriented, with extensive experience in securing, managing, and enforcing a range of intellectual property assets for clients of all sizes and across various industries. We appreciate the value of our clients’ efforts to innovate, create, and move their business forward.
We take the time to understand each client’s business goals, and then carefully tailor a strategy to obtain, commercialize, and leverage the IP rights required to accomplish those ends. We combine deep legal knowledge and skills with a pragmatic, business approach to achieve sensible, cost-effective results. We view IP rights not just as valuable corporate assets but as tools for achieving commercial success and maintaining a competitive advantage. Our goal is always to provide strategic and practical solutions that protect our clients’ interests, allow them to make informed business decisions, and maximize the value of their IP.
Our team is full service, offering sophisticated expertise on patents, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, domain names, rights of publicity, design rights, and other IP issues in the U.S. and abroad. We conduct searches and advise on the patentability of innovations, freedom to operate, and the availability and registrability of marks. We file and prosecute applications and maintain and manage global portfolios of patents, trademarks, copyrights and domain names.
In addition, we assist our clients to protect and enforce their IP rights and to avoid or minimize conflicts with other parties. We provide advice on infringement matters and have considerable experience in litigating and settling complex patent, trademark, copyright, and domain name disputes around the world.
We prepare and negotiate licenses and other agreements to enable our clients to commercialize their own IP and/or secure the rights needed to utilize third-party IP.
We also advise on intellectual property issues in investments, joint ventures, co-developments, acquisitions, divestments, financings, and other transactions. In particular, we have considerable know-how and experience in IP due diligence assessments, and in drafting and negotiating a broad range of IP-related transaction documents and provisions.
Some of our IP lawyers also have expertise in software licensing, cyber security, technology issues, data protection, privacy, and other related areas.
Let us to help you protect your rights and effectively manage your IP risks and leverage your opportunities!
- Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare
- Life Sciences
- Financial Services
- Retail and E-Commerce
- Software and Technology
- Consumer Products
- Food and Beverages
We provide a broad range of
- Patentability and Freedom to Operate Opinions
- Trademark Availability and Clearance
- Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Filings and Managing Global IP Portfolios
- Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secret, and other IP Litigation
- Unfair Competition
- IP Dispute Avoidance and Settlement
- Domain Names
- Rights of Publicity
- False Advertising
- Patent, Trademark, Copyright and Technology Licenses, Nondisclosure Agreements, Co-Development Agreements, Acquisition and Sale Agreements, Consents and Co-Existence Agreements, Software Licenses, Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreements, and User Agreements
- IP Issues in M&A Transactions, Investments, Financings, and Other Corporate Transactions, including Due Diligence and Deal Documents
- Post-Acquisition Integration of IP Portfolios and Recordation of Transfers
- IP Portfolio Reviews and Audits
- Patent Monetization
- Privacy and Data Protection
- E-Commerce Issues