1. How do you define your practice and areas of experience:
My practice is multi-focal: FDA regulatory and public policy; FTC regulatory and public policy; government relations; government civil investigations; internal corporate investigations.
2. How would you describe your client base and services:
My client base is primarily medical device, biotech, food and dietary supplement companies. I love having a large number of startup companies for whom I can serve as a trusted advisor. I do everything from regulatory advice to lobbying.
Now we have to ask. Do you take dietary supplements?
I take some, including vitamins, minerals, fish oil, COQ10 and glucosamine chondroitin.
3. Tell us about your legal career journey. How did you get to Practus?
I practiced in house and in Big Law for 25 years. I wanted a new business model that gave me flexibility in running my practice and setting rates for my clients. A recruiter introduced me to Practus and here I am.
4. What is your professional secret sauce? The secret of your success?
The secret of my success is great client service, promptness, listening, knowing the business and deep experience.
Don’t forget your vitamins…
5. What is one thing you wish people about to hire a lawyer with your expertise knew?
That you need to hire me before going to the government, not after.
6. What is keeping you busy when you’re not working?
Hiking, scuba diving, reading, writing, dining out with my wife, fast pitch baseball, watching the Pittsburgh Pirates, Penguins and Steelers, writing my novel and a lot of other things.
Wait. Did you say you’re writing a book?
Yes, it’s a political thriller and something I’ve always wanted to do. I guess the inspiration was several novels that I enjoyed and I said to myself, “I can write something like this!”